Who We Are
We, Moneywise Wealth Management | “The Moneywise Guys,” are an independently owned, fee-based financial + investment advisory firm that is rooted in Bakersfield, CA, and work with beloved clients from all over the country. Our service style is skilled and down-to-earth, favoring humor and compassion, and our financial advisors are anchored in an integrated WEALTH + TAX + ESTATE planning structure and a long-term, strategic investing mindset.
Since opening in 2003, we have noticed that most financial firms use two basic approaches:
(1) a one-person shop where the advisor is forced to be an expert in all areas of finance or (2) a corporate structure, full of conflicts of interest, that seemed to discourage objectivity and independence which forced the advisor to lose his objectivity and forced to advise clients based on what was best for the corporation and not the unique needs of the client.
We believe that both options are a losing battle, so, we decided to deviate from the norm and for years have found success in creating a unique niche by merging multiple areas of expertise in the financial and retirement industry. By having our fiduciary investment advisors work closely with a trusted estate planner + attorney, and a CPA/MST, we have created a truly comprehensive wealth management firm that addresses the major pain point areas for most everyday investors who are planning for and through their retirement years.
Our Moneywise financial advisors and support team are dedicated to doing everything that is within our power, experience, and resources to partner with and assist clients in building healthy, stress-free financial lives in order to enjoy the things in life that matter much more. We are passionate about achieving this through our investment and retirement planning services as well as our dedication to financial literacy and love of community through our live radio show + podcast, “The Moneywise Guys.”
We are here to be your loyal + experienced partner and to help you be the hero in your own unique, financial journey through your retirement years.
All the best,
Sherod Waite, David Anderson + Team Moneywise
Our Core Values
Moneywise is guided by a set of values and a company culture that is rooted in education, pro-activity, adaptability, empathy, and treating our clients, co-workers, and community as though they were our own, beloved family. These values are the compass by which we stay focused: providing sound financial advice to as many people as we can reach and giving back in the ways that we are capable of. We believe in a positive, financial ripple effect.
- We figure things out as we go with the resources we have
- We reach out to others when we need information
- We are independent thinkers
- We have no barriers, no fear to solving problems and talking to people
- We get things done
- We do the right thing, even when no one will ever find out
- We do what we say we’re going to do when we say we’re going to do it
- We rely on our team approach to follow through and complete what we say we’re going to do
- We are accountable and organized
- We care about our community
- We are engaged and trying to make it better
- We give money and time to the community
- We participate and get involved in community events
- We promote and partner with non-profits and other local businesses
- We treat people well: in our homes, our workplace and in the greater community
- We are respectful and kind
- We take time and listen to one another, and our clients
- We view our differences as our strengths and value diversity
- We believe in continual education and certification
- We continue to hone our skills and expertise
- We understand our industry and can serve our customers consistently well with our knowledge
- We stay up to speed with current trends
We are committed to enriching our clients’ lives by helping them to understand and manage their financial goals and strive to accomplish this through our personal touch and carefully constructed investment solutions. We consider our clients as family and treat them as we would want to be treated. We are driven to continuously evolve, educate, and provide outstanding financial guidance and trusted service to every client and to our community. This is the Moneywise way.